JNE is committed to continuous improvement in our people, our processes and our equipment. In 2006 JNE undertook a significant expansion program both in facilities and skilled workers. JNE doubled the shop floor capacity and now occupies in excess of 77,000 square feet of production facilities with a single indoor lift capacity of 120 tons. Our investment in capital facilities and equipment in the past 5 years exceeds 10 million dollars.
In 2006 JNE began the process of researching a replacement for our existing and out-dated financial and project tracking software. Our main focus was on project visibility, project scheduling and project integrity. We spent time over the next 2 years working with a specialized software company to redesign their “off the shelf” package to better accommodate our needs and our way of doing business. The system was fully implemented and went live June 1, 2009 and our people are already reaping the rewards of the new ERP program.
In 2008 JNE invested just short of 1 million dollars in the purchase and installation of a 7-axes robotic, plasma cutting machine. This equipment is designed specifically for the structural steel industry. There are only a few companies in the Province with equipment of this type.
Some of the other equipment JNE utilizes:
- 1/2" rolls 10' wide
- 18" dia rolls Capacity of 1 9/16" thick plate
Rotators / Positioners
- 150 ton and 40 ton self centering tank rolls, 4 sets of 12 ton rolls
- 3 different sizes, capacity ranging from 4500 lbs to 25,000 lbs
- 350 ton
- Located in JNE's Newest Fabrication shop. Three twin box beam cranes spanning 68 ft with a capacity of 40 tons per crane.
- Radial arm drill with a 10 foot reach
Sub Arc Manipulators
- Two sizes with 1000 amp Welders extends 15' high and runs 19' long